The Eggele is a splendid hotel in a delightful place, right on the border between Italy and Austria and in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites. Our hotel is in a beautiful setting in the mountain village of Prato alla Drava, surrounded by the majestic peaks of the Three Peaks area of the Dolomites. The village stands at a height of 1,130 metres; but we are only 5 minutes' drive from San Candido, one of the most iconic towns in the Dolomites. The cities of Lienz, Brunico and Cortina are also within easy reach. We live in an unspoiled landscape, shaped by our majestic mountains. This is a beautifully sunny spot, and so ideal if you want to relax or enjoy an active holiday in the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites. We think you'll be charmed by our hotel in Prato alla Drava, in its wonderfully tranquil but convenient location. There is so much to see and do in the near vicinity!
Our location in the Three Peaks area of the Dolomites - a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site:
- The Hotel Eggele is at a height of 1,130 metres, in the village of Prato alla Drava (400 inhabitants)
- Our village is between the Tre Cime and Fanes-Senes-Braies natural parks
- Lots of hiking excursions, bike trips and cross-country ski trails start right by our front door
- The town of San Candido in the Dolomites is only 10 minutes from our hotel
- Other attractive places, such as Braies, Dobbiaco, Sesto and Sillian, are less than 15 minutes by car
- The two wonderful lakes at Braies and Dobbiaco are about 30 minutes away
- And you can drive to Lienz, Cortina or Brunico in about half an hour
- There's a bus stop right in front of the Hotel Eggele
- Our shuttle bus will take you in winter in a couple of minutes to the base of the Mount Elmo ski lifts, in the Tre Cime Dolomiti ski area
- SÜDTIROL GUEST PASS: Allows unlimited use of all means of public transportation throughout South Tyrol. As a host with a membership of the local tourism association we bear the costs for local transportation for all our guests! We will happily provide you with a ticket at your arrival.